HSP Funds Remaining: $1,171,866.68 as of October 20, 2017
“Without that grant, we would not have been able to purchase this home. We finally feel like we’ve put down some roots.”
Ann Hauenstein, HSP Recipient
CLICK HERE to access HSP Online.
New For 2017
In 2017 FHLBank Topeka’s Housing and Community Development (HCD) will implement its new online systems for the Homeownership Set-aside Program (HSP), HSP Online. In order to participate in the programs, members will first need to complete an AHP/HSP Authorization Form. Please see AHP\HSP Authorization Form instructions to avoid delays in the 2017 HSP process.
FHLBank Topeka sets aside funds annually within the Affordable Housing Program (AHP) to assist very low, low-, and moderate-income first-time homebuyers.
The Homeownership Set-aside Program (HSP) provides down payment, closing cost and repair assistance to first-time homebuyers earning at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for households purchasing or constructing homes in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma. HSP is provided to households as a forgivable grant with a five-year retention period.
This program is a partnership with FHLBank members. Members work with qualified homebuyers, submit documents to FHLBank, provide the grant funds at closing and request reimbursement of the funds after closing.
2017 HSP Details
- HSP round opens May 15, 2017.
- Funds made available: approximately $6.2 million
- Maximum subsidy per household: $5,000
- Reservations will be accepted from members on a first-come, first-served basis, without limitation, through Nov. 30, 2017, pending availability of funds. Disbursement requests must be submitted by members to FHLBank within 120 days of reservation approval.
- Requests for both reservations and disbursement of HSP funds must be submitted though FHLBank's online system. Stay tuned for more information regarding the new online system. - NEW FOR 2017